This hibiscus coconut yogurt bowl is easy to prepare in the morning. Let the chia seed and yogurt mixture rest for 20 minutes while you get ready to head out for the day.
I wanted to try something a little different from my usual overnight oats for breakfast, which I had been enjoying for quite some time. I still wanted something that was quick and easy to prepare with minimal prep, yet was nutritious, satisfying, and filling.
Using seasonal fruit
The berries we have been getting all winter have been delicious, plump, and full of flavor. We’ve been getting fantastic organic blueberries, raspberries, and pomegranates, so I put together this hibiscus coconut yogurt bowl for a healthy and quick breakfast.
How to make this breakfast bowl
To make this beautiful breakfast bowl, I mixed
- a small package of coconut yogurt alternative
- one tablespoon chia seeds
- one teaspoon of pure hibiscus flower powder
I topped it with
- organic cocoa crunch superfood cereal
- fresh raspberries, blueberries, and pomegranate arils.
You can use whatever cereal you have on
Adding texture and flavor
For additional texture and flavor, I added organic large coconut flakes and organic sun-dried white mulberries. Mulberries are a naturally sweet and nutrient-dense alternative to raisins. They can be added to cereals, granola, salads, or yogurts. If you don’t have mulberries, you can use raisins or whatever you have on hand.
I let this bowl rest for approximately twenty minutes so the chia seeds could thicken. In the meantime, I went about my morning routine.
This bright and colorful breakfast bowl was such a treat to eat, and I can’t wait to try experimenting with other fruits, depending on the season. I love berries so much that I will eat them as long as they are delicious, organic and available.
Citrus is an excellent alternative, especially for winter, and I would like to try that next. Blood oranges, oranges, mandarins, and pink grapefruit would be lovely. I’ll be sure to come back to this with different variations of fruit, cereal, and plant-based yogurt.
If you make this hibiscus coconut yogurt bowl, be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe and tag me on Instagram. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Hibiscus Coconut Yogurt Bowl
- 5 ounces coconut milk yogurt alternative
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure hibiscus flower powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa crunch superfood cereal
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp large coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp dried mulberries
- Mix coconut yogurt, chia seeds, and pure hibiscus flower powder in a bowl.
- Let this mixture rest for 20 minutes so the chia seeds can hydrate. Rinse the berries.
- Top the yogurt mixture with the cereal, raspberries, blueberries, pomegranate arils, coconut flakes, and dried mulberries.
Use whichever fruit is in season. Try berries in the summer and a variety of citrus in the winter.